Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-03-14

Bohemian Journaling

It's so exciting to be able to keep peeking into Gayle's amazing art journal!
With every page it gets more and more beautiful and inspiring...


Hello Mixed Media Place lovelies. I’m sharing 2 new little pages in my Box Book today.
Of course they could be pages done in any art journal, but I started making this little “book in a box” a while ago and really enjoy working in this smaller format with each page being a different size.
It also has a slightly “Bohemian” feel to it, and I’ve tried to keep this constant by using and repeating similar papers, stamps, colours and textures through out. Although this time I had great joy in introducing a new Finnabair stamp and stencil!


Started with blank card 8.5cm x15cm on one side and 7cmx15cm on the other.
These pages are not actually stuck in the book yet…they are loose so they can be taken out and worked on.


I added colour to the left hand page with watered down paint in a mister sprayed onto Finnabair’s new Basket Stencil from the Elementals range.


After the paint was dry, I stamped randomly using Finnabair Music Book Clear Stamp with Distress Ink that I misted lightly first with water to give it a softer, worn look.


Next I used one of Finnabair’s new stamps. The beautifully patterned circle from the Trust The Magic Cling Set.
I covered the other smaller page with patterned paper from 9th Wave Collection and used a border punch to make a decorative edge. Used the stamp on both pages and embossed it with teal embossing powder.


These are my collaged elements: some tissue images, half a gift tag and bit of die cut doily from Prima, all stuck down with Art Basics Soft Matte Gel.


Before sticking down my tissue images, I added some texture with the Doily Stencil and Art Basics Modeling Paste. I have also used the small Sunrise Sunset Clear Stamp.


After the Modeling Paste had dried, I added some colour with some beautiful Silks Acrylic Glaze in Ginger Flower.


I wanted to add more of this rich pink colour, so I went looking through my ‘experiment scraps (pieces of scrap paper I randomly try out colours, textures, stamps etc. on).
Because Ginger Flower is one of my favourite colours there was a fair chance I would have played around with this colour on a paper scrap.


And there it was. Just big enough to get two beautiful stamped butterflies out of. Stamp from Finnabair’s new Don’t Forget To Fly Cling Stamp Set.


Butterflies added, tissue images, coloured piece of Resist Canvas and stamp from Don’t Forget To Fly Set.


Materials from Mixed Media Place:


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - the journal pages are absolutely gorgeous. I love each element - and the colors - well, the colors are beautiful and vivid. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome art.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.