Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-07-15

Liberating Lettering

There is nothing like hand lettering to give your art journals or canvases a unique personal feel.
Have you ever tried calligraphy?
We hope you feel inspired by today's post!


Hi, today I have a double art journal page to share with you.


Last weekend this June I went to a fantastic 4-day long class of Calligraphy with Katharina Pieper. We learned about rhythm and how to work with different writing tools. That inspired me to create this double art journal page.


The sentence written in both English and Norwegian came to me while working on the background. I worked in a big art journal book this time and made the background with layers of paper and tape before adding gesso. This was a good quality book by Dyan Reavely and Ranger so I didn't have to use it, but I wanted some texture so I did.


When we learned about the rhythm it was not important to make anything readable, it was just to feel the rhythm. I took the privilege to transfer this feeling to the letters. Some of them might be hard to read, but for me it is ok. I know what it says and I like the look of each letter. It says :

Art can be a liberating source of inspiration to untold opportunities. 

Right now I'm not sure what it actually means for me, but I guess there will be some great fun in the future.
I hope you like the page and if it inspired you to use some text on your page next time, I'm happy. :)
Thank you for looking
Linda


Supplies from Mixed Media Place:

4 comments:

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.