Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-01-05

Bohemian fortune telling by Gayle

Would you like to know what the future holds?
Our talented Gayle shares her thoughts and breathtaking (as always!) art today...


Hello. Happy New Year to you all !!
My project this month reflects my thoughts on the "New Year". It's easy for us to go backwards to review and ponder the year that was......some things we remember with great fondness and joy and of course we have those times we would much rather forget.


But would I want to know what's ahead of me this year? Would I want to have the gifts of a gypsy with her crystal ball and Tarot cards and be able to "see my future" ?


I don't know about you, but no, I wouldn't.  I would not like to live with fear and dread waiting for the bad things to happen, and the joy and spontaneity of good things surprising us would be lost. So, this year I've decided to live more "in the moment" one day at a time.


My page has been built around a beautiful piece ( my favourite ) of 7 Dots Studio Domestic Goddess ( Raspberry Pudding ) Paper. It was sprayed with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold mist. Strips of paper scraps, tissue and washi tape added, some stamping and then gesso. Into the wet gesso I've pressed a Sizzix plastic embossing folder to create surface texture and pattern. Once that dried I've coloured it with Silks and H2Os. Some chipboard and Vintage Trinkets to finish off.
Image source : Photographer - Sham Jolimie.



Supplies from Mixed Media Place:


5 comments:

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.